Cette séquence est destinée au dispositif PARLE pour les 6e.
Unit 2 – History
The city of Ur
I know to geolocalise
Where are the ancient cities in Mesopotamia
Where are the ancient cities in Egypt
I can explain
How people used to live
I can identify
The fonctions of an ancient city
Work by groupe :
- pick a card and do a web quest about the character or the topic it represents
- do a presentation in front of the class (make sure to be clear and brief !)
1. The city of Ur
Look at the map below :
- Where is located this archeological site ?
- What is left of the city ?
Lokk at the video and the documents :
- What kind of documents are used to suggest how the city was ?
- Discribe the city.
- How is the city provided with water and food ? ?
- What are the activities of yje inhabitants ?
2. The birth of a state
In th 1920s L. Wooley found an artifact in a tomb : a wooden box (21.59 cm by 50 cm) richly decorated. It is 4,600 years old and known by the name of Standard of Ur.
Two panels are covered with mosaics called « War » and « Peace » :
- Discribe each mosaic.
- What can we learn about the life in the city and the powwer of the king ?
- What were ziggurat built for ?